Monday, April 27, 2009

hidden treasures!



So, I recently became obsessed with the LivingSocial application on facebook, and one of those "pick your top five" categories was "cereals from your childhood".

There was a cereal in the early 90's called "Sprinkle Spangles", and it was my favorite, tied with Captain Crunch. It was extremely short lived, only lasting 2 years, but I put that as one of my favorites. Kristin is the only other person I know who remembers this cereal, and we used to talk about it, although we thought it was called "Sprinkle Sprangles".

Anyway, I also discovered another cereal that was released simultaneously with SS, known as 'Hidden Treasures'. I LOVED THAT CEREAL. I had forgotten all about it!

They looked like Captain Crunch, but in the center of each piece was either grape, cherry or orange filling, or some didn't have any filling at all.

Anyone remember these?

This article gives some more info about these flopped cereals.

No comments:

Post a Comment