Sunday, March 1, 2009

How I Met Your Mother


This show is absolutely amazing. It has recently moved from being one of my favorite shows to being my sole favorite show. Sure, it used to be on par with Desperate Housewives and The Office, but it has far surpassed both of them a long time ago (and to be honest, it was always way better than Desperate Housewives, anyway.)


I discovered how wonderful this show was when I started watching it over from the very very beginning. I'd always tuned in when I could, but didn't really follow it religiously.


Even in its first season, it's obvious that this show is here to stay. Most shows are 'different' in their first season- the characters haven't really been figured out, they're still feeling them out, so when you go back to the first season after watching recent episodes, it's like you're watching weird dream-sequence versions of the characters (Seinfeld is a great example of this phenomenon).


This is not the case for the cast of HIMYM. Lily and Marshall are adorable, and have the couplehood thing down right from the very start, Ted is the cute main character, longing to find love in a time where it's trendy to be single and not cool for guys to profess their love to you too soon, and Barney. He's just Barney. Barney is absolutely spot on from the very beginning, which is so impressive because he's so eccentric and he's just such a 'different' character. I feel that Robin is the only character who isn't really at her best until season 2.

Anyway, the point is, I love this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment